The State Tested Nursing Assistant Program is an Ohio Department of Health and Senior Services approved training program which consists of 75 hours of training. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and the basic skills training (bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, exercising and more), including the fundamentals of how to check and monitor vital signs and deal with a wide range of physical, emotional, social, health and illness needs of various individuals of different age and cultural background. STNAs can advance their careers by pursuing either an LPN or RN Nursing Degree.
- Must be age 16 years or older
- Valid Government I.D. (Driver’s license, State issued I.D., Military I.D., or Passport)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Physical Examination
- 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Ability to Read, Write & Comprehend on an 8th Grade Level
- Ability to Communicate Clearly
- Must be Physically Able to Perform Direct Care Tasks (assisting patients with lifting, bathing, walking, pulling, and pushing an occupied wheelchair or hoyer lift).
- Burgundy (Wine) / Uniforms are Required
- Registration Fee: $25
- Full Tuition: $400
- Partial Payment: $250
- Remaining Balance due First Day of Class: $150
- Uniform: $25 (optional expense)
- Textbook Included: $0